- Chicago (1986-1988), Rockford (1988-present)
- General Practice with emphasis in all aspects of family law, school law
particularly special education, due process litigation,
civil litigation, personal injury/tort law and probate
- Raytown High School; Raytown, MO (1966)
- University of Kansas; Lawrence, KS (B.S. 1970)
- Purdue University; W. LaFayette, IN (M.S. 1972)
- 66 hours of graduate education courses in school administration at Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, IL. Formerly certified as a special education teacher (speech pathologist) and school Administrator.
- University of Illinois College of Law; Urbana, IL (J.D. 1986)
Admissions to Practice
- State of Illinois, 1986
- United States District Court for Northern District of Illinois, 1987
- 1972 to 1983—Speech therapist and administrative coordinator for Rockford Public School District #205. Developed nationally approved program for T.A.L.K. (Teaching Activities for Language Knowledge). Adopted statewide by over 50 different school districts and nationally by over 10 states.
- Winnebago County Bar Association (WCBA)
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Winnebago County Women’s Bar Association
- Trained as arbitrator for court-annexed mandatory arbitration
- Trained as major civil-case mediator
- Trained as a dissolution mediator
- Trained as a child representative/G.A.L.
- Trained in collaborative law
Ms. O’Neill Austin lives in Cherry Valley, Illinois with her husband, Jeffrey Austin, D.D.S., who is a dentist practicing in Rochelle, Illinois. Between them they have four children.